****Position is contingent upon award of contract****
Title: IT Analyst (Senior IT Analyst)
Location: Fort Meade
Reports to: Project Manager
Requisition Number: 968-002
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
· Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
· Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
· Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
· Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
· Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
· Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
· Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
· Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
· Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
· Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
· Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
· Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
· Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
· Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
· Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
9+ years related experience
Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating or hardware network system problems
Must possess strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to manage small teams/ Possess leadership skills
Ability to conduct problem analysis and problem solving
Must be a United States Citizen
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The individual may be exposed to periods of dexterous physical activity including sitting, standing, walking, and minimal lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested in applying, please email job requisition number, position, and current resume to
*Sebastian Tech Solutions reserve the right to edit, revise or change this job description. Nothing in the contents of this job description implies an employment contract with the incumbent.*